Monday, October 03, 2005

Sunday Notes




The City continues to make progress. Cormies opened, and started off the day with their popular breakfast sandwiches and biscuits. They had fuel and some meats. People are moving in, cleaning up, and drying out. Traffic is becoming a little more challenging. We've learned the rules of the road. Some new people obviously don't know that if a red light isn't working, you treat it as a four way stop. Today alone we saw a half dozen people blowing through these intersections. The other things to look out for, particularly when its dark, are trees and telephone poles that jut out into the roadway. I heard someone was pretty seriously injured when they hit one of these after curfew. I was told of a good site where there are pretty active forums, and I'll try to post it as a link. This is new to me, so in case it doesn't work its as www.lakecharles.com. Mail is slowly trickling back. Today there is limited mail pickup at the Moss Street location. Finally, since I didn't get a chance to do so earlier, I'd like to thank Jeff Davis Bank and Dan Eason for fuel early on when none was available.

No comments: